Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The First Day of 2014

New Year's Resolutions?

When it comes to this blog and my Facebook page, my desire is to inform and also change how we think about our food choices. I also want you to consider the choices that are made for others, mainly children, but also the unemployed and under employed, the disabled, and the elderly. In fact, in the coming year, you will find that my advocacy focus will be children. This doesn't mean that you can't apply the information to your adult self. We should all do that, too.

I hope to find a way to better communicate my thoughts.  I have all of these facts and opinions and ideas swirling around in my head, but I haven't quite mastered how to refine that information and put it on the page.

One Mom's 2014 goals:
  • Write more and better. I want this to interest you. I want you to see what I see and decide to take action in your own home, neighborhood, school district, work place, etc.
  • Convince you that it is very wise to be informed and knowledgeable about what you eat and drink. You can't really making a choice if you don't have all the information.
  • Fight childhood obesity.
    • Continue to work with E's school district to create a healthier environment at school as well as before and after school.
    • Support other programs that are working to help kids stay healthy.
  • Fight childhood hunger.
    • Touch base with the local food policy council and see how I can continue to contribute.
    • Volunteer my time with local charities.
  • Feed my family good food and get more exercise.
    • Grow food on my patio.
    • Play outside with the kids.
  • Make connections with other people that are fighting the food fight. One Mom can get awfully lonely sometimes.

Beyond that I want to: take more pictures, read more books, become a better cook, take a trip to the beach with my family, be sweeter to my friends, take up yoga, take up running, be okay with imperfection, be more patient, buy a bicycle, sing more, dance more, love, love, and love.

I hope this year brings us all good health and happiness.  Let's see what happens next!

-Morgan



No comments:

Post a Comment