Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thanksgiving Lunch at Daycare

Baby O's daycare provided a Thanksgiving meal yesterday for the kiddos and their parents.

The daycare center is actually a private preschool that also provides infant care. At their back to school night, the director emphasized how important it is to her to feed the kids fresh, nutritious food. I was so happy to hear this!  They have an onsite cook that makes meals fresh every day from mostly organic ingredients. They also make a point to never use food as a reward or punishment and they recognize that a child might need to be exposed to new foods many times before they will try it and enjoy it.  I love their food philosophy!

Knowing this, I was excited to see what they'd serve for this Thanksgiving meal. They had turkey, of course, with not-too-sweet cranberry sauce. They also had roasted carrots and Brussels sprouts. For the little ones, they had mashed sweet potatoes and mashed cauliflower.  Baby O loved the veggies! I am not a fan of turkey, so I stuck to the veggie sides. And I'll be honest, this was the first time I've tried Brussels sprout. I figured I needed to try new foods if I'm constantly asking my kids to do the same. I liked them! They offered desserts as well, but we didn't have any.

It was so nice to spend time with my little guy during the work day and it was made even better by sharing a good meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment